Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Company: The High Street Edit - The Neon Trend.

I recently purchased the latest edition of Company: The High Street Edit, a magazine which has become a regular edition to my reading material (along with textbooks on biology for my degree.. *sigh*) and I adore the pieces that get picked out.. on a whole. 

However, something struck my eye, and not for a positive reason. Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for individuality and expressing your personality through your style, but there is one trend that I cannot get my head around. Neon. 

To me, it is an expression of a childhood gone wrong. I understand the longing to wear colour, bold prints and to, essentially stand out from the crowd but I, personally, do not believe that Neon is the way to do this. I do not want to dishearten readers from wearing or buying Neon clothes, maybe it's just jealous that my complexion would not let me pull it off, but I do really hope that this is a passing trend and not something that turns into a permanent fixture. 

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment