Monday, June 03, 2013

Trend Forecast & Mood Boards: Pretty in Pastels


Pastels have been all over the designer catwalks this season. And with good reason. Pretty pink shades, gorgeous latte and cream tones as well as stunning sky blues and greens have dominated the colour palette of the catwalks, which, in turn, has filtered through to the high-street (which is a bonus for the poor student amongst us.. me included). Moreover, the combination of styles of cuts with the sugary sweet colours adds a touch of fierceness, drama and sex appeal to a otherwise innocent and extremely feminine trend. For example, the Motel dungarees shown in the above mood board, are not only dead on trend with the revival of the 90s fashion, but the eye-catching and slightly strange stone-washed reddy, pinky colour enables women to add a touch of femininity to a more male orientated cut (no, this is not me slating dungarees because I love them more than is probably healthy!). I particulary love the incorporation of pastel shades into the ever popular "Nike Blazers". I am dying to own a pair of these shoes but I am holding out for the day that I can afford to design my own with the Nike ID program. In a somewhat tomboyish outfit, I would probably pair some pastel Nike Blazers with   dungarees for the summer.. the pastel denim pair above would be perfect for such collaboration!

What do you think of the pastel trend? Are you rating or slating?

Lots of love,
Katie x