Thursday, July 18, 2013

A pop of colour

Afternoon everyone! Firstly, I am so sorry for my sudden departure from all things blogging. I have been crazy busy with work, holidays and weddings, but I am back now and ready to make up for lost time!

To begin with, a cheeky OOTD. 



When I walked into River Island, I feel in love with this skirt. The print is so pretty and the skater style is definitely on trend with them appearing all over the designer catwalks for the Summer season. The monochrome vibe is very flattering whilst the length is perfect for pairing with tights, should the weather (god forbid) take a turn for the worst. However, for now, I am happy with attempting to tan my pastey white legs! The minute I saw the top hanging next to the skirt, I knew that they would be a perfect combo. I was tempted to attempt to clash prints with a stripey version of this top, but fear got the better of me so I opted for this little versatile green number instead. River Island have some absolutely gorgeous pieces in at the minute, so I recommend that you take a peek!


I ordered these sunglasses on a whim from Beyond Retro and at only £8, who was I to say no? My trusty Raybans are still a firm favourite, but these are a nice alternative for a more vintage feel.



As many regular readers will know, I love finding up and coming brands, and thus, my necklace is no exception. It is from Birdy Beeds (yes, I have worn this necklace in many posts but I love it too much not to share). It goes with near enough everything and is perfect for day time or for a more rocky evening look. 



My shoes are a recent addition to my wardrobe, and my god, I am so in love with them. They were a bit of a splurge purchase as they are from Kurt Geiger, but the minute I saw them in the advert on their website, I knew they had to be mine at some point. The studding adds a beautiful dangerous dimension, whilst the tan colour allows them to be versatile throughout the seasons. The straps at the back (you can't see them in the photos!) give extra support which make them super comfy! Win win!

What are you wearing today?
Lots of love,
Katie x