Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Watch Gallery

When E-Tail PR tweeted about The Watch Gallery competition to win £50 worth of vouchers for Jamie's Italian, I could not have been more excited. I have always been a lover of Italian food (despite the fact that I cannot cook for love nor money..) so this was ideal for me.

When browsing through The Watch Gallery website, I was bowled over by the beauty of their watches. There was such a unique range, all wonderfully different and from top brands at all different price ranges - so something to cater for every budget. Choosing just one that I would buy for my boyfriend, proved difficult. Nath is incredibly tailored in his look, and whilst contemporary with his approach to styling, he is wonderfully traditional, and choosing a watch to suit his persona wasn't too hard given the immense range that The Watch Gallery has on offer. I finally made my mind up, and settled on this beauty:

ZENITH EL PRIMERO


I am in complete awe of the exposed mechanics of the watch - there is something beautifully raw about seeing the workings of time. The contrast cobalt blue and leather strap are divine, as well as the continued blue colour palette into the watch face. At around £6000, it's not a bargain, and certainly an investment buy, but it is a beautiful investment at that! I love how Zenith El Primero have managed to combine elements of tradition via the leather strap, with aspects of modern timekeeping by uncovering the metal workings of the watch. The contrast, yet gorgeous relationship between the two have produced an incredibly handsome end result.

Lots of love,
Katie x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful watch! I really love the details of the clock. I might as well share the website with my father in law, he loves to collect them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful watch, and the website is full of divine pieces. I urge you to check it out - just watch the bank balance, it can be dangerous!

      xx

      Delete