Sunday, April 27, 2014

UK Blog Awards.

On 25th April 2014, myself and over 200 other finalists attended UK Blog Awards, to find out the winners of over 20 categories, from various areas of the blogosphere. It was such a lovely evening to mingle and network amongst like minded bloggers, as well as get to know other people that I may not have had the opportunity to meet otherwise. 

I was lucky enough to be able to jump in an Uber cab, to and from the venue, and I cannot recommend the service enough. Having two different drivers, and two different cars, it just proves that it was not a fluke that the staff are so lovely, and the cars they use are amazingly reliable, fast when they need to be (whilst sticking to the speed limit, obviously), as well as clean and beautifully finished. Arriving in style has never been so easy. We only used the UberLUX range, so goodness knows how flash the Luxury cars would be! If you would like to try out Uber on me, download the app from your chosen app store, and use code AIMABOVELIMITS to receive a £20 voucher of your first ride. You are welcome! 



The awards were held at the absolutely beautiful, The Grange St.Pauls hotel which was literally a stones throw away from St. Pauls cathedral. The inside was kitted out with the most elegant and modern interior, and the room in which the awards were held was decorated to the utmost quality. 



As a fashion blogger, you can imagine the ordeal I went through when I realised that I needed to find an outfit for the UK Blog Awards. I knew the night had a dress code of "Dress to Impress/Black Tie" so it was important that I was smart enough to fit in, whilst also keeping my personal style in tact. Rarely being one for floor length dresses or the such, I opted for a skirt and scuba fabric top from the lovely ladies at Missguided. You have probably all seen the awesome shoes that are floating about at the moment which come in the form of black cleated shoes, with ankle straps. Yeah? Well, I was lucky enough to wear them! They didn't stay on my feet for very long, since I am useless in heels of that height, but whilst they were on, they made me feel fab.



Top, Skirt and Shoes - Missguided*
Bracelet - Story Jewellery by Kranz and Ziegler*
Bag - Rianna Phillips*
Rings - Story Jewellery by Kranz and Ziegler*, Tessa Metcalfe* and Glamira
Necklace - Fera Jewellery*
My gorgeous bag is from the wonderful Rianna Phillips. The beauty of the designs from Phillips is the ability to be trend versatile, as well as season transitional. She offers bold and vibrant colours, in unique and innovative prints. At reasonable prices, and in a beautiful quality, Rianna Phillips is sure to hit the jackpot with designs like the current range. Check out the full collection here.  

Ring - Tessa Metcalfe*
Bracelet - STORY Jewellery*

Rings - STORY Jewellery* & Glamira
Manicure by B London Boutique* in Artistic Gel.

Whilst at UK Blog Awards, Nathan and I had the pleasure of meeting Luma. Luma does interactive graffiti, on an interactive board, in order to create pieces of artwork that are unique and special to the individual - in this case, my blog name! He was kind enough to design the writing, whilst I was let loose with the spray can to add the stars, spirals and splashes of paint. It really is very easy, and very fun. Its ability to be used by everyone makes it enjoyable and accessible for any age group. He can attend events, and comes along with a sublimation printer so that your design may be printed onto a t-shirt or canvas bag. Check out the rest of his designs, and website here.




Nathan's French Connection suit - Moss Bros*
How handsome does Nathan look? His suit is courtesy of Moss Bros, the amazing minds behind easy suit hire and suit sales. They cater for weddings and the such, but they also have the most amazingly tailored, and stylish dinner suits in stock, and online, for functions such as this. The one Nathan was lucky enough to wear was by French Connection and comes complete with black skinny tie and satin lapel. He finished the look with a gold tie clip and a pair of black, punched detail loafers. He looked incredibly handsome, and the service from Moss Bros was first class. We could not recommend them more for your next big event. 

Despite not being lucky enough to win an award, I would love to take this opportunity to thank everyone who nominated me, and voted for me which enabled me to become a finalist. I feel incredibly privileged and lucky to have such supportive and encouraging readers and I cannot thank you more. If you feel so inclined, I have put Aim Above Limits up for nomination in the Company Style Awards, and you can vote for Best Fashion Blog here.

How has your weekend been?

Lots of love,
Katie x

1 comment:


  1. On 25th April 2014, myself and over 200 other finalists attended UK Blog Awards, Trophies

    ReplyDelete