Thursday, May 29, 2014

Estee Lauder Illuminator.

Due to exam stress, final term at university deadlines and a magnitude of other reasons, I have not been taking the best care of my skin. Come the evening, all I have wanted to do is climb into bed, and I suppose, my skin regime has taken a back seat due to laziness and tiredness. But hey, that happens to everyone, right? 

Now that I have finally finished university (YIPPEE), I have vowed to start to take better care of my skin again. 
Estée Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator - Click Fragrance*
Since starting my final year exams about 6 weeks ago, I have noticed a difference in the colour and appearance of my skin (and not just because I have been lazy!). It is a well known fact that tiredness and stress can impact the colour and brightness of your skin, so when Click Fragrance got in touch and allowed me to review this wonderful Estée Lauder product, I was over the moon. 

The Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator, from Estée Lauder, aims to be a fast acting serum which reduces the appearance of blemishes, dark spots and uneven skin tone, in order to leave the skin looking and feeling refreshed, illuminated and even. 

Upon putting this on my skin, it did not feel greasy at all and sunk right into my skin in the most flawless way whilst still giving an illuminated appearance. I love being able to see the shimmer within the product, even before you put it on! It was so easy to apply, if slightly an unusual procedure for me having to apply it before my moisturiser. It made no difference to the texture of the moisturiser - a trait which I sometimes found in other lower end illuminators. I also found that this Estée Lauder illuminator truly compliments YSL Touché Éclat wonderfully. 

In terms of the price, it retails at around £42.27 (price on ClickFragrance) which may seem quite steep for an illuminator. Having tried some of the lower end brands and struggled to find one with the desired effect, this Estée Lauder was a welcome addition to my everyday make up regime. I personally think if you have the money to spend, that this is a truly wise investment. My Mum even tried the product, just showing its appeal for a variety of ages! 


My forehead is always one of my worst areas for skin breakouts and discolouration, but look how even my skin is after using this product!


I could not recommend this Estée Lauder illuminator more. 

Lots of love,
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment