Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Poppy Lux & #FCFindYourLook

Quite a summery outfit today in the hope that the vibrancy of colours will encourage the sun to come! This dress is incredibly different to what I would normally choose to wear (black, black and more black) but I thought I should try to embrace the colourful aspects of summer! So here it is.

This dress is from online boutique, Poppy Lux. They have been an instant hit all over the blogosphere as of late and I was lucky enough to receive this dress from them. The print is incredibly bold and the colours are wonderfully vibrant. I love the contrast sleeves, which add an easy aspect to pair shoes and a jacket with. The cut out on the shoulder is also very welcome as it encourages the dress is fall in a particular way. 




I paired this beauty with my vintage coral blazer (sorry lovelies, no idea where it is from as I picked it up for a tenner at a vintage fair last year!) and white Wayfarers from Sunglass Junkie. I will be doing a feature post on the frames from Sunglass Junkie later in the week, but I was so exciting to showcase the brand that I just had to involve them in this outfit post, too!

The brand offer sunglasses at cheap prices - all of which are inspired by frames which are currently on trend or have been seen on celebrities. They also run offers such as 2 for £25 or 3 for £35! Who can say no to that? Particularly when we can change up the frames on holiday! Sunglasses are a handbag essential, especially in UK and Europe as the weather is so prone to change. To be able to have some frames that offer versatility and style, at a reasonable price makes this everyday necessity much easier to adhere to!


Blazer - Vintage


Dress - Poppy Lux*
Sunglasses - Sunglass Junkie*
When I heard about the FashionChick competition to win a Fashion Holiday in Amsterdam, I just had to enter. The idea behind the competition is to post about an outfit that you feel will fit in perfectly within the Amsterdam Fashion Week crowd as well as make you stand out - which is no mean feat. I'm feeling a bit brave with my bold colour choices in this OOTD, so if nothing else, I'll stand out due to that! 

Check out full details, and how to enter, here

How are you preparing for Summer?

Lots of love,
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment