Monday, June 02, 2014

Demon Media Awards, with ASOS.

Last weekend, on Friday 23rd May, the Demon Media Awards were held in Leicester to celebrate a wonderful year for Demon Media. 

Demon Media are my university's, De Montfort University, media department with strands in radio, TV, newspaper and online. For the past 18 months I have written for the online Fashion section and have become increasingly good friends with Anna, the latest Fashion Editor, and Ben, her predecessor. 




Demon Fashion was nominated for Best Section, for the second year running and this was a great achievement for the section. Having one of the smallest pools of writers, Fashion has always been a slight underdog within the Demon Online section, so it was so lovely be recognised. 


Dress - ASOS
Shoes - New Look
On a more personal level, the charity fashion event that I organised, Fashion for Cancer, was nominated for Best Collaborative Media Coverage, and although we were not lucky enough to win, to even be nominated was above and beyond my expectations. Moreover, I was over the moon to even have raised £600 for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, so I was more than happy knowing that I had contributed to Cancer Research and the help they provide. 


The awards ceremony had a super cool Photobooth there which myself and Anna made full use of! Excuse the crazy poses - one too many glasses of wine!



I dragged invited Nathan to come along with me as he played a vital role in the success of Fashion for Cancer (yes, this is how we met..) so I thought it only appropriate that he too be there to celebrate the success of being nominated. 

I never normally wear bodycon or midi style dresses, so this lily print dress from ASOS was a brave move for me! I love the sheer hem detail, and the print design on the dress. I think it adds a wonderfully girly element to the dress and breaks up the dominate black colour. 

What have you been up to?

Lots of love,
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment