Thursday, June 19, 2014

Summer Hair and Beauty Essentials, from Regis.

Summer. That one word can invoke so many feelings all at once. Excitement, due to the holidays, festivals and finally, some warm weather. Fear, of being sunburnt, or fear, due to the havoc that it can play on your hair and skin. So why not be 'summer ready' and prepared for anything with a range of products from Regis? 

Before I go on holiday, I always tend to do a few things - wash, shampoo, condition and treat my hair thoroughly. Over the last few years, my hair has begun to hate me and my straightening/curling tendencies, and thus, has become weak and sad at the ends. To give it a pre-holiday boost, I often opt for a treatment from Bedhead, due to their nourishing qualities and ability to revive my hair. Whilst on holiday, I rarely straighten my hair at all, so I find this treatment finish lasts the entirety of my time away. Winner! If this also sounds like you, here is what I would recommend:


Shampoo & Conditioner: Resurrection from Tigi Bed Head.

Treatment: Colour Godess Miracle Treatment from Tigi Bed Head.

Styling, incase you do opt to style when on holiday: Superstar Blowdry from Tigi Bed Head.

Finish: Hard Head Hairspray from Tigi Bed Head.



If possible, I always try to opt for products from the same brand - I find that they compliment each other much better and the ingredients often do not clash. Always a win-win in my books. 

Your hair is not the only thing that the Sun can take its toll on, but also your skin, too. That's why, prior to when I go away (and where possible, aka, if I have the time in between running around shopping and packing), I try to apply a face mask/treatment to thoroughly moisturise my skin. This prepares it for the harsh heat, particularly if your from England, where, let's face it, it isn't really all that warm. This is also a good product to take away with you, particularly for half way through your time away where your beginning to tan, but your skin is feeling dry. However, you do run the risk of loosing part of your colour due to the removal of dry/dead skin cells. It all depends on your skin type and what you feel is best to revive and replenish the moisture. 

Skin: Biological Skin Peel from Sothys

What are your pre-holiday beauty and hair rituals?

Lots of love,
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment