Thursday, June 05, 2014

The Graduation Edit.



Graduation Edit. by katiemeadway on polyvore.com
Click on any of the pictures above to be taken directly to the product!

My graduation is a mere 6 weeks away, and it's safe to say, I have gone into fashion meltdown about what to wear. I'm reluctant to buy anything too expensive since it will be under my robes all day, and with that said, I'm also struggling to decide what kind of style, colour, length, and fit, I want. Having been searching the internet high and low today, I have narrowed it down to the 9 options above (but hey, this will probably all change when I go out shopping). 


I'm allowed to wear a jumpsuit to graduation, right? Since my university, De Montfort, is in the East Midlands, the weather is bound to be pretty rubbish, so I'm unsure as to whether braving a free flowing skirt is the wisest move. 


Having always loved AQ/AQ, it seems like this may be the perfect opportunity to invest in one of their divine jumpsuits. However, I am also pretty head over heels for the Three Floor Fashion jumpsuit,  as well as their Fuchsia dress (the one I'm leaning the most toward). The off the shoulder look is simply divine, but I am slightly concerned about the mesh panel around the middle due to the nature of the ceremony, and how smart I have to be dressed. 


Can we just draw attention to the beauty from SugarHill Boutique, as pictured above? With a subtle high leg slit, it adds a bit of flair and riskiness, yet still providing me with enough cover-up to feel comfortable and not out of place. 

I'm also debating which colour to go for - do I want black, considering my robes will also be black, or do I opt for a pastel shade, like these beauties from MissguidedVirgos Lounge, or go bold with this little cheeky one from Ted Baker?

Have you paid the Self-Portrait website a little visit? No? Well allow me to draw your attention to one of my favourite pieces from their current collection - this quirky midi dress. Never normally being one to opt for the midi length, this is a bit of a shock to the system that I like this dress, but with a combination of lace, pleats and the contrast of green and blue, it had me at hello. 


Is anyone else having the same issue? Send help ASAP.


Lots of love,

Katie x

P.S. Today (5th June 2014) is the last chance that you can enter my competition with STORY Jewellery! Don't miss out. Click here to get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment