Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Hair SOS.

I have a love hate relationship with my hair. Sometimes I love that its untameable, whilst others days, I am tempted to have it all cut off - but this is part and parcel of being female, right? One thing that I do find with my hair, is that the condition of it deteriorates from bad to worse very quickly. Having been a bit of a slave to my hair straighteners and hair-dryer within the last couple of weeks, I was over the moon when the lovely Lily got in touch and introduced me to her newest haircare venture. 

Old Wives Tail is a brand new hair care brand that aims to nourish, moisturise and care for your hair. The story behind the brand is lovely, and tells the tale of how the founder moved from South Africa to Portugal, both of which played havoc with her hair, leaving it dry, tangled and weak - all thanks to the overwhelming heat, sea and sand. When in Portugal, her grandmother offered her a concoction of oils and was told to leave it on her hair over night - the following morning, she awoke and her hair was smooth, silky and full of life. Now, who is going to say no to that? 

It is this experience in Portugal that brought about Old Waves Tail. The grandmother from the tale finally taught her granddaughter the best blends to use, and months and months have gone into researching all the different products that Old Wives Tail now sell. All products are high quality, chemical free and environmentally friendly, as well as the brand being 100% against animal testing. The great bit is, that 10% of the profits go to charities to help protect animals from being tested upon. You can't protect your hair from everyday elements, but you can help it to fight against the effects of them. 

Now, the question you've been asking throughout this post. Does it work? 

My answer? 100%. 

I used the SOS Oil Treatment, normally used to prevent hair loss - luckily this isn't one of my issues at the moment, but I opted for this particular product because it promotes healthy hair growth (I desperately want long hair!). I always find that the worst bits of my hair are the sections that frame my face - probably because these are worst hit with the straighteners! So check out my before and after shots and how Old Wives Tale helped the condition of my locks..
Before
After
Their website is an absolute god-send for hair-care, and I couldn't recommend them more highly. In terms of application, with the SOS hair treatment, you massage a bit into the scalp and work it into your hair throughout the entirety of the length. Leave to work its magic, and wash out with shampoo an hour later, and finish off with popping a bit on the ends of your hair. For an even better finish, I recommend going to bed with it in your hair, and wrapping a nice, warm towel around your head - not the most practical to sleep in, but beauty knows not of comfort!

It feels so good to be back blogging, and I'm really sorry for my time away. If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that I've been stupid busy as of late - what with being on holiday (busy and holiday sounds like a contradiction in itself!) and now I have been offered an exciting new job up North - the flat search has been an exhausting one, but we have finally secured a beautiful one bedroom apartment - it's the dream. 

Back soon - I promise!

Lots of love,
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment