Saturday, November 15, 2014

Meet.. Caggie Dunlop.

Say hello to the ever-beautiful and equally lovely, Caggie Dunlop.

Since her departure from BAFTA winning TV show, Made in Chelsea, Caggie has gone from strength to strength. Her fashion brand, ISWAI, has been a hit amongst the fashion industry and has made appearances in multiple big magazines and her music career is growing ever stronger (if you haven't heard Smoking Gun, check it out here - it's a beauty).

I had the opportunity to talk fashion, Made in Chelsea and all things Caggie, with the lady herself..


Having kickstarted your singing career, how did you know that now was the right time to drift into setting up a fashion business?
I like to do things simultaneously, and follow all my passions. You never know what the future holds and what works for you until you try things out. I love singing, and I love fashion and acting. These are my passions and if I can create a life where I am able to do them all then I will be very happy. In what capacity, is less important. If one is my bread and butter and the others are hobbies then so be it. But if you are given a talent I think its important to use it.

Was it hard when you first set up ISWAI for people to take you seriously as a business-women, and not just as an ex Made in Chelsea cast member?
Not really. I mean it has taken a bit of time, but these things always do.. A platform like MIC is a double edged sword in that sense. Because trying to kickstart a business without it might have been impossible. You have to take what opportunities you are given and use them smartly.
Speaking of which, veryone is dying to know - do you miss Made in Chelsea? Would you ever go back? 
Never say never, but I am a different person now, and I enjoy my life away from the show. I miss being on TV sure, but I enjoy my privacy too. I didn't realise how private I was until I was on that show!
Where does your main inspiration come from regarding 'Caggie's Wardrobe' designs? 
My own style, things I like, whether that be a place or a mood. It's anything that I think looks chic basically, and that I would wear. I'd like to think my style is quite diverse so can cater for all. 
ISWAI works with upcoming designers too. It must be amazing to see so much fresh talent and how enthusiastic they are regarding the industry. Do you have any advice for budding entrepreneurs? 
Have a clear idea about what makes you unique, what your selling point is. And a plan. Plans are very important. Also, have faith in yourself. You have something to give so value your skills. Then other people will.
What do you plan to do next now that you've accomplished singing, design and TV? 
Acting, so, back on the box, or the big screen.



What's your favourite piece from your current ISWAI collection? 
Right now, I love this. I think its quite unusual and Parisian looking.





If you haven't done so already, make sure that you visit the ISWAI website and keep up to date with Caggie's adventures over on her YouTube channel and Twitter. 
Lots of love,
Katie x

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog and especially these combos! Would be great if you could check out my blog. ♥ Stylishsunrise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool to see this interview, I've been loving her designs. I saw Caggie speak at the clothes show last year and I honestly fell in love with how sweet she is!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete